Configure ConnectWise PSA to import customers, automatically create tickets, and more
If you want to import your customers from your PSA rather than enter them manually, make sure you select the create customers checkbox at step 9.
Try to avoid importing customers you have already manually created since this will lead to duplicate accounts.
- Ensure you have all needed API Credentials
- Go to the Integrations tab on the nav menu (far left side of screen)
- Input your company ID, public and private API keys, and host
- All of these were retrieved in step 1
- Company ID should be something like rocketcyber
- Public and Private API keys are GUIDs
- Make sure the host (URL) matches the basic format of the example. It must begin with https:// and end with .net.
- Click Create Integration
- If there is a problem with your credentials, you will receive an error message as a popup. If you have verified that all information is collected/entered correctly, submit a support ticket
- Select a board from the dropdown and click Update ConnectWise Integration. New security tickets from RocketCyber will appear on the selected board.
- If the update is successful, the status lists (New, Updated, Closed) will populate with a list of possible statuses for the selected board. You must select a status to assign to tickets in each situation (new tickets, tickets to be closed, etc.) under the New and Closed dropdowns. You may select a status for Updated if you wish. Once you have made your selections, click Update ConnectWise Integration.
- ConnectWise cannot create a service ticket unless it is associated with a specific company. Select the ConnectWise-RocketCyber Customer Map button
- You will have a list of company types from your ConnectWise PSA. Please select only the needed customer types and click Pull Companies. If you wish to import customers directly into RocketCyber from your PSA, select the Create Customers checkbox as well.
- The amount of time required to complete this data pull depends on the number of companies you store in your PSA. If you are attempting to pull in more than ~2000 companies, it is going to take some time. We recommended that you begin the data pull and go have a snack before continuing.
- If you refresh the page or again select ConnectWise-RocketCyber Customer Map, you will now see a list of available RocketCyber customers, each with a dropdown. Select the appropriate PSA company for each and click Save Integration Settings.
You're done! Any security tickets will automatically be populated in your ConnectWise PSA! If you wish to also receive email notifications, follow these instructions.