Configure Datto (AutoTask) PSA to import customers, automatically create tickets, and more
If you want to import your customers from your PSA rather than enter them manually, make sure you select the create customers checkbox at step 9.
Try to avoid importing customers you have already manually created, since this will lead to duplicate accounts.
- Ensure you have all needed API Credentials
- Go to the Integrations tab on the nav menu (far left side of screen
- Input the API username and secret you saved in step 1
- Click Create Integration
- If there is a problem with your credentials, you will receive an error message as a popup. If you have verified that all information is collected/entered correctly, submit a support ticket.
- Select a queue from the dropdown and click Update Autotask Integration. New security tickets from RocketCyber will appear in the selected queue.
- If the update is successful, the status lists (New, Updated, Closed) will populate with a list of possible statuses for the selected board. You must select a status to assign to tickets in each situation (new tickets, tickets to be closed, etc.) under the New and Closed dropdowns. You may select a status for Updated if you wish. Once you have made your selections, click Update Autotask Integration.
- Autotask cannot create a service ticket unless it is associated with a specific company. Select the Autotask-RocketCyber Customer Map button
- You will have a list of company types from your AutoTask PSA. Please select only the needed customer types and click Pull Companies. If you wish to import customers directly into RocketCyber from your PSA, select the Create Customers checkbox as well
- The amount of time required to complete this data pull depends on the number of companies you store in your PSA. If you are attempting to pull in more than ~2000 companies, it is going to take some time. We recommended that you begin the data pull and go have a snack before continuing.
- If you refresh the page or again select Autotask-RocketCyber Customer Map, you will now see a list of available RocketCyber customers, each with a dropdown. Select the appropriate PSA company for each and click Save Integration Settings.
Default Due Date Settings
Autotask sets a default value for Due Date and Due Time for the "Standard" ticket category. RocketCyber relies on these default values for automated ticket creation. If your PSA tickets are not being generated please verify that the default offsets for Due Date and Due Time are configured properly. If the setting for this values indicate No Default (user entry required) the tickets will fail to be generated as this is a required field.
To verify and configure these settings perform the following steps.
- Logon to the Datto (AutoTask) PSA
2. From the main navigation menu click Admin/Features & Settings
3. Click on Service Desk/Ticket Categories
4. Click on the context menu bar to the left of the Standard category the, click Edit
5. Click on Details and scroll down to Section & Fields
6. On the context menu to the left of Due Date, click Edit Field
7. Click the Pencil icon to edit the values.
8. In the Configure Default Value dialog, set an expected Due Date and Due Time for the values. In this example, we set the default Due Date to 0 days from ticket creation and Due Time within 8 hours of ticket creation. Please adjust these values as needed for your organization. You must set a default value for both Due Date and Due Time.
When finished modifying the values click OK
9. Click OK in the highlighted row.
10. Very important to click Save & Close on the Edit Ticket Category view. Changes will be lost if this is not clicked.
You're done! Any security tickets will automatically be populated in your Autotask PSA! If you wish to also receive email notifications, follow these instructions.